Very Simple Blackberry Sauce
This is a really easy way to use your freshly-picked blackberries to make a delicious sauce. It can be frozen for later use.
Blackberries ( any quantity will do)
Honey ( or two tablespoons of sugar)
-Place your blackberries in a large saucepan with two tablespoons of honey or sugar.
Recipe For Simple Vegetable Soup
Splash of vegetable oil
Knob of butter
A selection of root vegetables in any quantity
A tin of tomatoes ( optional)
2 Litres of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
2 or 3 bay leaves
– Chop your vegetables roughly; (you could use a food processor but sometimes I like to chop by hand and listen to Radio 4 .)
– Heat your oil gently and add a knob of butter.
– Gently sauté your vegetables for around 2 minutes, then place a lid over your saucepan and let cook until your vegetables begin to soften ( about 10 minutes)
– Add the stock and tomatoes ( if using) and simmer gently for around 20 minutes.
– Remove from the heat and blend using a hand blender ( or use a potato masher to squish the vegetables to a rough pulp)