This makes a lovely gift for a foodie, arrange your fruits in a glass jar or beautiful box tied with a ribbon. You could either buy your marzipan or make from scratch.
– Pinch a small piece of marzipan and roll between your hands to form a ball.
– Form your dough into the desired shape ( pear, apple banana etc.)
– Using a small paintbrush, dip your brush into a tiny quantity of food colouring and paint directly onto your ‘fruit’ (it’s particularly effective if you smudge two colours)
– Smudge the colour with your fingers or a small cloth.
– Leave in the fridge until you are ready to give them.