* ” There is nothing, simply nothing, half so much worth doing as messing about in boats….simply messing about in boats. ” (Ratty – The Wind In The Willows)
* CC and I went to visit my parents and brother on their holiday canal boat, what enormous fun, especially operating the locks.
* Under our inexperinced hands we manged to get one of the ropes tangled in the rudder and had to make an emergency repair.
* We’ve also visited our favourite woodland on Beacon Fell. The views are so lovely at the top.
* On a far more domestic note, manged to hang my washing out today. Large window between rain showers meant that it was mostly dry. I do get ridiculously happy about drying my clothes on the line. I just love the smell !